Sunday, November 10, 2013

week 5 Blog

hi everybody !

I hope you will be fine and doing well. This week was full of creativity and fun, as  all topics were really wonderful. The Project Based Learning is not a new idea but the way its being used in this course, is absolutely immaculate.
The students get opportunity to explore their hidden talents and skills when they work independently. No doubt, sometimes classrooms become noisy but it does not mean that learning process has been compromised. My students always show keen interest in making projects especially when they are offered to do online. Frankly speaking my students come up with novel and artistic kinds of ideas although they work on language skills but one way or the other their all mental faculties are being employed.

The creating of rubrics or alternative assessment was really a fun. Frankly speaking it was really a new experience for me. My rubrics were about how to write a short story and the name of the story was The Savior, the website was really a great aid to formulate rubrics. I am sure with the given rubrics my students will come up with brilliant creative work.
regards,

Muhammad Tariq 

3 comments:

  1. You are right, Rubrics can be also a new experience for our students, they can see what we are going to evaluate, so that make them feel more secure and I am sure they are preparing better things when they deal with a Rubric.
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Muhammad,

    My students always show great interest when doing projects, as well. They always amaze me with the end products they produce and watching them work with and learn from each other is a source of great joy! I'm happy to hear that you incorporate PBL into your teaching.

    It's wonderful that week 5 provided a new experience with the creation of rubrics. Rubrics truly are valuable tools. When you provide them to students ahead of time, they know their expectations. Also, I find that rubrics aid me in grading more efficiently and effectively.

    ReplyDelete